Wednesday, December 15, 2010

none

In my fantasy world my friends and family understand me so well I don’t have to explain what I’m going through. One word..one glance and they just know. Not only do they know I’m not feeling well they also know exactly how it feels. But that’s not reality. I can’t expect my friends and family to understand completely. They will never know exactly how I feel because they’ve never had stage 4 endometriosis. They don't know what if feels like to have a disease with no cure and no answers.

But I do know a few people who can identify precisely with what I’m going through. I found them through dailystrength.org With these women I found real understanding. They knew my pain by heart. Knowing there were others going through the same thing was a relief now knowing it's not all "in my head".

Real friendship is worth preserving.Im learning to talk openly to my friends about what’s going on and how im feeling and explain the ways in which my life is different now. I have to tell them what i am able to do and what I am not able to do. Maybe I can’t go shopping for six hours... but I can go for a couple of hours on my good days. True friends usually have the capacity for understanding. If they truly care they can try and make some small accommodations for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.